In chaos there is cosmos

Monday 25 June 2012

The Dream in Shades

Monday, June 25, 2012 Posted by Rra , , No comments

I woke up in a land of Dreams,
No, not the one with a fairytale theme.
T'was a dark desolate place, where the devil doth roam,
Where on profanity, lust and greed doth men clomb.


There was no one but me shadow as a friend,
As I roamed about this emptiness - hungry, tried à wits end.
Suddenly the air chilled, sky darkened and my shadow flew,
A fiend appeared with crimson eyes and skin a deadly shade of blue.


As the monster looked me in the eyes,
I knew it was Fate in disguise.
The life I had lived flashed moments apart,
Quanta of emotions exploded in my heart.


I said - "If this be the end i don’t want thee,
The ferryman will have to leave without his fee".
I struck the beast hard never realizing His plan,
It was me that died as It was slain.


Everything was blurry as I opened my eyes,
I didn't have glasses on, I realized
I put them on to see a familiar scene,
A ransacked room and a bright LED screen.


I had dozed off playing the Game,
Stuck on some level - what a shame!
Realizing - such similar is the strife,
Call it a game, Call it Life.

                                                          ~suggest a title...

0 comments:

Post a Comment